Course Duration: 4 Day’s
Course Cost: From £450.00 + VAT
2399-11 – Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
City & Guilds are the leading provider of accredited qualifications in the UK and are always at the forefront of new technical training with industry recognised qualifications which applies to this PV System qualification. This qualification will allow candidates to be recognised as competent in the field of Solar PV Systems and play a vital role in the use of renewable energy as this market continually grows.
Microgeneration-Certification Scheme (MCS) and Competent Person Scheme Providers
The purpose of the Microgeneration Certification Scheme is to evaluate microgeneration products and installers against robust criteria providing greater protection for consumers.
This scheme has the approval from the Department of Energy and Climate Change, industry and non-governmental groups as a prime method for making a substantial contribution to cutting the UK’s dependency on fossil fuels and carbon dioxide emissions.
To join a MCS “Microgeneration Certificate Scheme” an appropriate and recognised PV System qualification must be held. It is expected that candidates have appropriate qualifications related to electrical installation, knowledge of the IEE Wiring Regulations and inspection and testing. The award is designed to offer specific skills and knowledge to electricians to ensure they are conversant with the Regulations and Codes of Practice related to PV systems. The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) supports the recognition of qualified personnel within this field and sees PV systems as an essential part of the Government energy policy.
The introduction of Feed in Tariffs (FITs), the government backed support measure, has been designed to increase the uptake of Microgeneration and help deliver the UK’s 2020 renewable energy targets. FITs provide those generating renewable energy with 20 year – or 25 years for Solar PV – guaranteed per unit support payments (p/kWh) for electricity generation.
2399-12 – Level 3 Award in the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems This 4 day course requires both classroom and practical training and assessment. Candidates are required to wear safety boots but all other PPE requirements are provided by SWET for use throughout the course.
Training and assessment will cover
• Working principles of micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies
• Requirements of building location/building features for the potential to install micro-renewable energy and water conservation systems to exist
• Regulatory requirements relating to micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies
• Advantages and disadvantages associated with micro-renewable energy and water conservation technologies
• Health and safety risks and safe systems of work associated with solar photovoltaic system installation work
• Relevant regulations/ standards relating to practical installation, testing and commissioning activities for solar photovoltaic system installation work
• A.C and D.C circuits within solar photovoltaic systems
• Purpose of solar photovoltaic system components
• Types, silicon characteristics and typical conversion efficiencies of solar photovoltaic modules
• Design principles used to determine solar photovoltaic system module array size and position requirements
• Preparatory work required for solar photovoltaic system installation work
• Layouts and the requirements for installing solar photovoltaic module arrays
• Solar photovoltaic system D.C and A.C circuit installation layouts within the scope of the relevant engineering recommendation for grid tied systems
• Solar photovoltaic system protection techniques and components
• Requirements to test and commission solar photovoltaic systems
• Requirements to hand over solar photovoltaic systems
• Requirements for the routine inspection, service and maintenance of solar photovoltaic system installations
• Diagnose and rectify faults in solar photovoltaic system installations
This is a comprehensive 4 day training course and you will be assessed via City & Guilds devised assignments and GOLA On-Line tests. Successful candidates will receive C&G certification to confirm their ability to install, commission and maintain Solar PV systems.
Courses are held: Monday to Thursday
All Course Times are: 09.00am -16.00pm.
To book a course, Please call us on: 01792 379 023 or go click here to book now.
*South Wales Electrical Training can provide local accommodation at £30 per night for those of you who are travelling longer distances to train with us.