Course Duration: 3 Day’s
Course Cost: From £410.00 + VAT
NEW! This City & Guilds qualification will replace an element which is currently part of the City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing and will prepare candidates for the initial verification of electrical installation work.
It is aimed at practicing electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update of training before going on to other City & Guilds qualifications.
SWET will deliver this course over a 4 day period to ensure delivery of all aspects of the training and to allow time for both practical and theory training to be delivered at a comprehensive level.
During the course candidates learn how to carry out inspection and testing using various training rigs simulating real electrical installations and are then given the opportunity to perform the inspection, testing and verification on an individual basis.
• Preparation for initial inspection and testing
• Electrical Inspection
• Electrical Testing
The above consist of both practical and theoretical electrical training to ensure that all underpinning knowledge requirements are supported by frequent practical activities.
Assessment will be by:
- A multiple choice online test covering the underpinning knowledge relating to the inspection, testing and initial verification of electrical installations, as required by BS 7671:2008 (2011)
- A closed book, 1½ hour written exam on a pre-designated date which is then externally marked.
- A practical test covering the range of inspections, tests, verification and recording of information and results for a new electrical installation, as required by BS 7671:2008 (2011)
Upon successful completion of this Electrical course, assessments and exams; candidates will be awarded a City & Guilds certificate.
It is recommended that you have the following books as reference material:
• Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing (Guidance Notes for BS 7671) (Paperback) ISBN-13: 978-0863418570
• IEE On-site Guide; BS 7671 : 2008 IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition (Spiral-bound) ISBN-13: 978-0863418549
Courses are held: Monday to Wednesday
All Course Times are: 09.00am -16.00pm.
To book a course, Please call us on: 01792 379 023
*South Wales Electrical Training can provide local accommodation at £30 per night for those of you who are travelling longer distances to train with us.