Course Duration: 4 Day’s
Course Cost: From £450.00 + VAT
This four day training course covers the requirements of BS 7671 for periodic inspection & testing, and is designed to prepare candidates for both the on-line and practical examinations.
Candidates gain the skills and knowledge necessary to actually perform the inspection and testing procedures and are able to practice on purpose-built training rigs which simulate electrical installations.
The course is both theory and practical based and will cover:
• Introduction to Inspection & Testing
• Requirements of 18th Edition Wiring Regulations for inspection & testing
• Using Guidance Note 3
• Compliance with relevant legislation
• Determine suitability of installations
• Order of tests
• Use of test equipment & testing procedures
• Test result verification
• Continuity of protective conductors
• Insulation resistance tests
• Polarity and Earth electrode tests
• Earth fault loop impedance tests
• RCD tests
• Other types of tests & IP ratings
• Exam Preparation
Following this training course, you will undertake an on-line exam on a pre-designated date (Examinations are open book) and this exam is externally marked.
Candidates will be required to return on an agreed date to complete a practical assessment.
Candidates are provided with course notes to support their studies. We also recommend that you obtain a copy of:
• 18th Edition IET Regulations BS7671:2018
• IET Onsite Guide
• IET Guidance Note 3 Inspection & Testing
*Permitted exam materials: Non-programmable calculator and Drawing Instruments. IET GN3, BS7671:2018 (City & Guilds only)
Courses are held: Monday to Thursday
All Course Times are: 09.00am -16.00pm
Exam Times are: On Demand
To book a course, Please call us on: 01656 744572.
*South Wales Electrical Training can provide local accommodation at £65 per night for those of you who are travelling longer distances to train with us.